Thursday, March 24, 2005

Councilors....

Ah yes, finally, fresh blood has arrived in our pathetic excuse for a college. =D

Well, some sort of an orientation was tossed onto them, possibily unwillingly.

And a shit load of crap flung into the Council Interns (CIs)

Yay for them. I've been in their shoes. Seeing them getting scolded by Simon almost made me cry as I remembered the days when I was an intern, times when getting shouted at, Xiang Zhen crying...

Ah...

Those were the times.

Well, at least this year is different. Lectures in the morning, games in the afternoon. A little check on the field in the afternoon....

Well, let's just say there are probably more OGLs and CIs combined then there are OGMs.

Again, not surprising.

I remember how pissed I was, after spending days to work out some sort of plans, before morons just decide to walk out. However, after spending some time reflecting, I realised that Orientation 2 was, and will always be, a mistake to have. It's a total joke show, no matter how hard the CIs try. No one wants to do it. Period.

Kinda sad, don't you think?

At least the CIs will know what council life is. A quick check with the poor CI guarding the gate on wednesday, as I was heading back home to change at 11am, confirmed what I have been thinking: Few, if any, of the CIs, are heading for election.

During my time, we started off with over 50. By the end of Friendship day/valentine's Day/whatever-you-call-it day, we had 32. By the time O2 was more or less planned and finialised, we had only 28 left.

And guess what? Only 7 (or something, if my memory did not fail me) stood for elections. And two of them are repeat students.

Being a councilor is fun. I can never find that kind of bonding within a club that was so close. The times when we helped each other, cover each other's ass when Simon decides to use us as his exhaust pipe.....

Then again, I guess it just isn't worth it. Being a Council means you need to devote lots of time. With that, comes pressure. I can handle pressure (I think), but it's the time part which I am worried about.

Then again, it could be some other reasons which I keep evading from...

Like that there's a girl there which I can't say I hate, or that there are a few morons who stood for elections (and they won, somehow).

Or maybe...

Who knows?

At least, I know what being a councilor is like. Thank god it isn't permnant. I mean, one look on Hikel's face on wednesday morning somewhat tells the story.

Simon isn't happy.

The usual.

Well, it would be interesting to see how many CIs will head for elections this year.

Elections...

Attractions...

Erections...

I still feel that I made the right choice by playing a game of poker with my CCA mates. It did pretty much pay off in the end.

--

Saiyuki Reload Gunlock is released! I wonder when in the blue hell are they going to get to India.. >_>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home